I suggest you ...

Enable old horizontal org chart view

The new vertical view is nice for printing. But, the problem is that the view is not consistent. For example, depending on what you click, some of a manager's direct reports will be vertical and some will be horizontal, and this keeps changing back and forth. Employees at different levels will appear to be at the same level, and employees at the same level will appear to be at different levels. Plus, an only-vertical view masks when there are span of control issues.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminPingboard (Client Happiness Team, Pingboard) responded  · 

Click Display Settings under Tools to choose whether to expand groups of direct reports horizontally or vertically. You can also allow levels to overlap or keep them distinct.

The default view is optimized for viewing lots of information at once, but if another layout works better for your company, it’s just a click (or two) away.

Remember: when you change these settings as an admin, the changes are seen by everyone in the company.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

As indication that a horizontal view is needed: On the PingBoard.com home page, the video of the sample org chart in action of course shows an org chart in horizontal mode. That is the standard view that everyone is familiar with. If the PingBoard home page showed an org chart that was half vertical and half horizontal, prospective customers would look at that, be confused, and would move on to a different product for producing their org charts.

Feedback and Knowledge Base